Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fabric tape fun

So I was "busy" Pinning on pintrest last night .....it may or may not have turned into one of those marathon sessions where you completly lose track of time and before you know it its midnight! like I said may or may not have been....anyway I digress

I came across this cool PIN and thought to myself that I could actually do this using our fabric tape

so here is my first tutorial please keep in mind its not my original idea or concept..

You will need :
  •  An old pair of Jeans or shorts
  • Fabric tape I used our Pure Set and a Pink lace tape
  • Scissors
  • Sewing machine
  • Iron

I started with the pink lace tape.. I wanted to hide the orange stitching that was already on the shorts so I placed the tape on this line and used it as my guide. I went right around the hem on both legs... I really couldnt believe how easy this was because the tape is already adhesive I didnt need PINS!! 



 So once that was done I place the "pure" tape on top. Carefully keeping it straight and overlapping the pink lace tape just a little .. As the "pure" tape is quite wide it hung off the bottom of the shorts nicely...


 Once I had stuck the tape on ..(again super easy no pins..) i went carefully around the bottom of the hem folding the "pure" tape into the inside of the leg... a similar effect to Bias Binding.


 They were looking pretty cool but because they were going to be worn and in turn would need to be washed I need to sew the tape onto the shorts. I sewed around the top edge of the "pure" (Being careful to make sure that I was catching the tape on the underside too) The bottom edge of the lace was under the pure that I was sewing. I then sewed across the top of the Lace.

(excuse the staged shot of the iron)
I then ironed the whole thing 
and.....

WALAA!

A super cute pair of shorts for my Miss Marita to rock out in summer!! 

From start to finish this took me all of 15mis it was really quick and super easy! The tape was so easy to work with. I am thinking all my girls jeans and shorts may just get a "makeover"
I may just go Fabric tape CRAZY.

pop over and se our range that we have in our store here We will be adding to this range over the coming weeks.
Make sure you post a picture if you try this out!! 

Much  Love

Lex xx






5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! My mind is going ahead...I'm thinking op-shopped cardi cuffs, white t-shirt necklines... ooohh yum!
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute - love it. Were you going to model them for us too??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miriam if only I was 7 again and could fit them!!

      Delete
  3. These are BEAUTIFUL!!

    Love love loved looking at all your products tonight! Everything is so lovely <3

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. All of Millar's old jeans and jean shorts are now going to be re-purposed and prettied up for Xanthe's wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete